or•tho•sex•u•al \ ôr'thə-sek-sh(ə-)wəl\
1. Person that is anatomically and biologically sexually correct, natural, or normal. Medical, scientific term referring to anatomically, biologically, and physiologically correct human sexual activity, behavior, or conduct.
2. One that is sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex and disposed to engage in anatomically and biologically correct sexual activity, behavior, or conduct, i.e., sexual behavior that is anatomically and biologically natural, normal, or typical.
3. (Sociology) person sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex; that does not deviate from orthodox or correct sexual behavior or conduct; sexual conduct considered physically healthy, mentally sane, or socially normal.
4. (Psychology) person erotically attracted to members of the opposite sex and disposed to sexually behave anatomically and biologically correct, natural, normal or healthy. A person free of aberrosexual or psycho-sexual disorders such as bisexualism, fetichism, homosexualism, lesbianism, necrophilism, sadomasochism, scopophilia, voyeurism, zoophilism, etc.
1. (Biology) of or relating to anatomically and biologically correct or normal sexual activity, behavior, conduct or practice; of or relating to sexual activity, behavior, conduct, or practice that anatomically and biologically conforms to the activities, functions, norms or nature; of or relating to the opposite sex.
2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications) of, relating to, or involving physiologically normal sexual intercourse, i.e., the penetration of opposite sexual organs;
3. (Sociology) of or relating to, and, therefore, considered socially acceptable, ethically based, morally orthodox, or correct sexual behavior.
4. (Psychology) of or relating to orthosexuals as individuals or Orthosexuality; or characterized by healthy and sane sexual attraction, arousal or desire towards the opposite sex.
Synonyms: sexually correct,
appropriate, healthy, sexually normal or natural, (obsolete: heterosexual)
Antonyms: aberrosexual, sodomite, sexually aberrant, sexual deviant, sexual pervert
1. Edward, being free of
psycho-sexual disorders, is orthosexual.
2. Only an orthosexual mindset produces well-adjusted, truly happy human beings.
3. Thomas defends orthosexual behavior for all members of society.
4. Psychologists should help everyone live a physically and mentally healthy orthosexual life.
TRANSLATION TO OTHER LANGUAGES:
* French: orthosexuelle
* Italian: ortosessuale
* Latin: orthosexualem
* Portuguese: ortossexual
* Russian: ортосексуал
* Spanish: ortosexual
Greek root: Ortho is a Greek prefix meaning “straight”, “upright”, “right” or “correct.”
In biology: Orthochromatic - the greyish staining because of acidophilic and basophilic mixture in the cell.
In botany: Orthotropic (adjective) - growing vertically with reference to developing plant organs that grow nearly vertically, either upward or downward.
In chemistry: Orthochromasia - property of a dye or stain to not change color on binding to a target
In mathematics: Orthogonal; Orthonorma
In medicine: Orthomyxovirus - a
family of viruses to which influenza belongs.
Orthodontics - a specialty of dentistry concerned with the study and treatment of malocclusions.
Orthopedic - the study of the musculoskeletal system.
Orthopathy - the treatment of illness or disease without the use of drugs.
Orthopsychiatry - an approach to psychiatry concerned with the study and treatment of behavioral disorders.
In photography: Orthochromatic refers to a photographic emulsion that is sensitive to only blue and green light, and thus can be processed with a red safelight.
In science: Orthosexuality – correct sexual behavior.
In theology: Orthodoxy, right (correct) belief or
Orthopraxy, right (correct) action or practice.
Truth has never stood in the way of ideological fanatics, any more than reality has ever stood in the way of delusional psychotics.